Aug 2017 Job Application for Education Director in Kenya
2017 Career Vacancy:Education Director in Nairobi
Aug 2017: Job Opportunity for Education Director in Kenya
Details: Tinker Education is seeking a highly motivated, career-orientated Education Director with strong parent communication skills, a collaborative, team-building approach to staff leadership and knowledge of the industry.
Honesty is integral to our business practice therefore the applicant must possess a high level of integrity.
- A master’s degree in Education, Education Leadership, or Education Administration
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and demonstrated strengths as an education director
- Ability to drive, develop and lead education projects and programs
- Previous experience at international schools
- Understanding of STEM education, education technology and experience of E-Learning environments is advantageous
- Passion for education development, teaching and can demonstrate an ability to work well with children
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work across boundaries and cross-culturally
- Effectively interact, communicate, and work well as a team member
- Ability to build rapport and trust with stakeholders
- MS Office experience and OA (office automation) Skills
- Willingness to learn new products/technologies and promote the development of STEM education in Kenya
- Manage education at Tinker Academy
- Engage as a thought-leadership partner with management and directors to deliver high quality STEM education
- Direct and shape the curricula, contents and teaching processes
- Research and design educational materials and instructional methods
- Oversee the instructors:
- Manage their teaching and administration work
- Design and hold teaching workshops/seminars
- Facilitate class reporting that defines the progress (successes and solutions to any challenges) of each student
- Ensure the study of online/offline education materials for effective delivery of teaching
- Ensure the learning development of students
- Build a supportive culture in which you offer direction to instructors
- Effectively communicate with the team (and clients) with respect to content delivery, progress reports and student participation.
- Answer inquiries from internal business partners using your local knowledge of Kenya.
- Promote efficiency, consistency, and professionalism.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as needed, such as administrative support and training.