Feb 2018 Job Opportunity as Fixed Data Access Engineer for Safaricom in Kenya
Career Application:Fixed Data Access Engineer for Safaricom in Kenya 2018
Feb 2018: Job Vacancy as Fixed Data Access Engineer for Safaricom in Kenya
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Fixed Access Engineering the position holder will be responsible for the follow up on Enterprise requirements of Fixed Data and to give sound technical solutions.Ensures proper Planning, design and Implementation of Fixed Data projects in accordance to approved designs and to meet the required timelines.
Ensures all Data connections undergo proper acceptance and documentation processes. Owns the Fixed Data database and provides 2nd Level support for fixed Data Connections.
- Analysis of requests from EBU and offer proper and sound technical solution designs and plans for Enterprise connectivity and follow up with other technical teams for timely delivery of FD plans, designs and solutions.
- Generates and Implements innovative and cost effective solutions for FD connectivity. Is responsible for the delivery of Fixed Data infrastructure solutions and projects.
- Implementation of approved technical Fixed Data solutions. Contractor coordination and management for effective and timely FD connection delivery and actualization of all FD solutions to meet the specified designs through to acceptance and documentation.
- Documentation and process management for all FD connections and authentic FD DB maintenance Provide technical leadership to the team of Integration Engineers.
- Improve customer deployment delivery processes to enhance simplicity and speed.
- Liaise with other sections / departments in the delivery of services and projects as well as maintain good working relations between the team and all stakeholders.
- Ensure smooth handover of completed projects (includes the as-built documentation)to the relevant support team/s for services life cycle management.
- Conduct and carry out new Fixed Data solutions trials and eventual adoption for successful solutions.
- Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or Degree in Telecommunications Engineering
- 3 years’ experience in Telecommunications network planning/roll out (Transmission systems planning & Design and telecoms systems installation supervision).
- Experience in coordinating projects and working and managing cross functional teams.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Enterprise Customer support experience will be an added advantage.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills.
- Team player.
- Results oriented.
- Solution Oriented.
How to Apply