Data Platform Support Specialist
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. IRC teams provide health care, infrastructure, learning and economic support to people in 40 countries, with special programs designed for women and children. Every year, the IRC resettles thousands of refugees in 22 U.S. cities.
Focused on technical system support for country programs, the Data Platform Support Specialist is a member of the team responsible for IRC’s new global measurement data platform, which is centered on the DHIS2 platform. Working in partnership with field staff, IT, International Programs Department, and technical units, the Support Specialist performs a key role in ensuring the success of data platform system functionality for the IRC user community.
Specific tasks include project data migration, project configuration, technical assistance and issues escalation, front line help desk application support, and participation in setting standards for processes, data quality, security, and systems configurations.
- Provide technical support and backstopping to field and HQ staff using the IRC data platform
- Communicate with country focal points as to overall systems changes, needs, and questions, and advocate for systems improvements
- Provide escalated support to country programs and HQ, and manage further escalation of support questions to the vendor, IT or programs staff
- Ensure the data platform and systems adhere to IRC systems standards and processes
- On a project-by-project basis, migrate data from existing sources (e.g., spreadsheets) into the data platform
- Work with country teams to configure new projects in the data platform, including clarifying indicator definitions, then creating datasets, data elements, indicators, and other relevant DHIS2 objects
- Participate in the design, implementation, and operation of data quality processes as they apply to the data platform
- Analyze data platform and/or other enterprise systems issues and gaps and identify solutions
- Participate in the maintenance of systems and user documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least two years of experience implementing and / or supporting DHIS2 including project and core system configuration
- Experience with M&E
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications
- Good listening skills
- Strong analytic curiosity and innovative problem solving skills using a systems thinking approach
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional team structure
- Proven ability to establish and maintain working relationships across all departments and levels of the organization
- Direct international experience implementing programs or M&E in an NGO context
- Experience with the DHIS2 tracker module
- Experience with SQL and / or data modeling
- Experience providing support for enterprise-level platforms with substantial numbers of users across global time zones and varying IT infrastructure
- Familiarity with mobile data collection and/or case management tools such as Ona, CommCare, Kobocat, Magpi, mFieldWork, OpenEMIS
- Experience with enterprise data architectures, integration and master data management
- Experience with the delivery of systems functionality in low/intermittent bandwidth scenarios for managing data
- Experience with GIS such as ESRI
- Having French or Arabic language would a plus
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to apply here
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Nutrition Supervisor, the emergency nurse will be directly responsible for;
- Carry out triage of patients including screening for acute malnutrition during the mobile outreaches in the sub-counties.
- Conduct consultation services to children and adults during the target mobile outreaches in the sub county in Turkana.
- Implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with health conditions including children with severe acute malnutrition.
- Ensure essential services including deworming, Vitamin A supplementation and routine immunization services are provided to children under-fives during the outreaches.
- Initiate and facilitate patient referrals to the nearby health facilities including the County referral hospital for patients who require further management/inpatient care.
- Conduct Antenatal and post natal reviews for expectant mothers and lactating women during the integrated health and nutrition outreaches.
- Work closely with nutritionists and the health facility staff including CHEWs and CHVs in the targeted areas of response.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented in the patient’s cards.
- Conduct regular training session for CHEWs and CHVs on basic care/management of various health conditions and follow up of patients.
- Give health education to patients and clients during the outreaches.
- Compile and submit monthly reports on patients treated and referrals
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of essential drugs/medical supplies
- Carry out any other additional duties as may be assigned by the supervisorAbility to provide integrated health services and work effectively with the entire outreach team.
- Ensure timely and quality health care services to target population during the mobile outreaches.
- Facilitate timely referrals for very sick patients and children with malnutrition and medical complications.
- Diploma in Nursing from KMTC or recognized nurse training institution
- Be registered and have a valid license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- At least 2 years working experience in a busy hospital setup.
- Experience in management of children with severe acute malnutrition and medical complications desirable.
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (Previous emergency experience in a remote setting will be an added advantage).
- Fluency in Turkana will be an added advantage.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
How to Apply
Interested candidates to apply here