Aug 2017 Job Vacancy for Senior Software Developer in Kenya
Career Application: Senior Software Developer in Kenya 2017
Aug 2017 : Job Opportunity for Senior Software Developer in Kenya
Our client, is a young start up, independently owned and operated, VC-funded, whose aim is to provide affordable access to the Internet in low income members of society.
They are looking for a Senior Software Developer.
They are initially focused around Nairobi (Kenya), and with growth plans to the rest of Kenya and other countries.
To provide content and Internet access services, they use unlicensed spectrum Wi-Fi technologies, combined with innovative engineering solutions geared towards providing an awesome service at very controlled prices.
- To assist the CTO in all areas of the IT and engineering side of the company.
- To develop code to support business operations, and implement changes to internal and external facing services.
- To provide ongoing support on issues that arise, following the escalation processes, and debugging and applying fixes where required.
- To write documentation around existing and future features, processes, services and products.
- Must have solid English language skills, written and oral, including in technical/engineering environments.
- Must have up to 6 years’ experience in Linux environments (Ubuntu), including writing shell scripts, installing and configuring services, and maintaining existing ones.
- Must have up to 6 years’ experience working with databases, particularly MySQL and Sqlite3, including coding against them, writing and optimizing queries and functions.
- Must have up to 6 years’ experience in debugging complex issues with multiple possible sources, and coming up with creative ways to identify and solve them.
- Must have up to 6 years’ experience in Wi-Fi networks and general networking concepts (protocols, OSI layers, topologies, etc.).
- Must have Prior experience working in a startup environment.
- Should show an ability to work and communicate remotely, with people of various cultures, backgrounds, and in different time zones.
- Should be willing to dive into a rich palette of technologies, needs and products, and be self-taught.
- Should be able to foster new ideas while displaying a hands-on attitude and managing to maintain focus in an environment of open two-way communication.
- Should be available to travel occasionally.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 80,000 – 150,000 (Approx. 800 –1500 USD) depending on experience & qualifications.
Deadline: 31st August 2017
To apply, please follow the link: http://bit.ly/2u4hTka
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.