Feb 2018 Job Opportunity as Medical Officer in
Career Application:Medical Officer in
Makueni County 2018
Feb 2018 :Job Vacancy as Medical Officer in
Makueni County Public Service Board is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012 whose mandate includes appointing persons to hold or act in the offices of County Public Service.
In order to strengthen the capacity of the Public Service, the Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions as per Article 176 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Sections 45, 50 and 51 of the County Governments Act 2012.
An Officer at this level will work under guidance of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Diagnosing, caring and treating diseases;
- Performing medical and surgical procedures;
- Preparing and responding to emergencies and disasters;
- Participating in management of medicines, medical instruments and equipment;
- Providing health educational maintaining medical records, health information and data;
- Counselling patients and their relatives on diagnoses and bereavement;
- Teaching and coaching medical students, nursing students and clinical officer interns;
- Preparing requisite documents for registration;
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from an institution recognized by Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Successively Completed one (1) year internship from a recognized institution;
- Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Certificate in Computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, Mean Grade C- (Minus) with atleast C (plain) in English and Kiswahili Language or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in secretarial studies from Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC);
- Business Education Single and Group Certificate (BES & GC) from Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) in the following subjects;
- Type writing III (50 w.p.m)/ Computerised Document Processing III;
- Shorthand II (80 w.p.m);
- Business English II/ Communication I;
- Office Practice II;
- Secretarial Duties;
- Office Management III/ Office Administration and Management III;
- Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution; and
- Shown merit as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Thursday, 16th February, 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.