Aug 2017 Job Application for International Schools Head Chef in Kenya
Career Opportunity:International Schools Head Chef in Nairobi 2017
Aug 2017 :Job Vacancy for International Schools Head Chef in Kenya
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Head chef should be a professional with the wide range of knowledge of menus as being an international school they should be able to provide a continental / global menu for the students.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established stand
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regular
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Recruit and hire staff, including cooks and other kitchen workers.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Meet with staff to discuss menus for special occasions of the school.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or function
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customer
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations within establishments such as clubs, hotels, or restaurant chains.
- Plan, direct, and supervise the food preparation and cooking activities of multiple kitchens or restaurants in an establishment such as a restaurant chain, hospital, or hotel.
- 5+ years hot kitchen experience is mandatory
- Food Production training
- Diploma Level or above
- Works experience in reputable establishments
- Possess very good leadership skills since you will be running the kitchen and managing all kitchen staff.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org